Chief Executive Officer
Ye Tian is a seasoned investor. He was first involved in pharmaceutical investments as a general partner of Fortified Investment, a fast-growing pharmaceutical venture capital fund with investments in various stages in the United States, Europe and China.
Fortified Investment is affiliated with Deltec International Group, of which he has served on the board of directors since 2010.
Mr. Tian has also invested into and served on the board of several fast-growing high-tech companies.
He has degrees in mathematics and economics from Harvard University, USA.
Chief Scientific Officer
• Head of the Molecular Virology and Vaccinology Laboratory at the Pasteur Institute, Paris, France
• Pioneer in lentiviruses and lentiviral vector research
• Discoverer of the DNA flap, enabling lentiviruses to infect non-dividing cells, a game-changing discovery in the biomedical and gene transfer field
• Discoverer or the HIV nuclear import mechanism
• Received numerous awards, like the 2004 Award of the French Academia of Science (Prix Jean-Pierre Lecocq), 2005 OSEO Prize Création-Développement Concours d’Aide à la Creation d’Entreprise de Technologies Innovantes, and the 2009 Award of the Fondation pour la Recherche Médicale
Pierre Charneau is a world-renowned scientist and pioneer in virology and vectorology. He contributed to major breakthroughs and discoveries in these fields.
He discovered the DNA flap which enables lentiviruses to enter the cell nucleus to infect non-dividing cells.
Pierre Charneau is the head of the Molecular Virology & Vaccinology Unit of the world-renowned Pasteur Institute and has been the leader in developments derived from his discoveries and inventions.
He is the founder of Theravectys.
Professor Charneau received various awards and prizes for his contributions to science.
SENIOR SCIENTIFIC ADVISOR
• Senior Associate Dean for Research in Global Affairs at the University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, US
• Associate Vice-President for International Partnerships and Innovation at the University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, US
• President of the Global Virus Network, Baltimore, US
• Former CEO of the French National Institute for Health and Medical Research
• Former president of Pasteur Institute, Paris, France
• Chair professor at Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Professor Bréchot has developed a distinguished career as a medical doctor and researcher. He is an preeminent virologist and was former CEO of the French National Institute for Health and Medical Research, and former president of the the world-renowned Pasteur Institute.
Professor Bréchot has authored more than 400 articles in scientific and medical journals. He is an inventor of 18 patents, and helped to set up three biotechnology companies.
He is currently Professor at the University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, USA, and President of the Global Virus Network, Baltimore, USA.
Jean Chalopin is an experienced creative entrepreneur and businessman.
As the Executive Chairman of Deltec International Group, a long-standing private bank, he has been instrumental to the negotiation, management, operation and successful exits of various funds and companies, especially in the biotechnology sector, in the US, Europe, Japan and China.